Cheap printer for home use

T

tfarrell

I am looking to buy my mother a cheap colour printer for her laptop at home. She would only need it for printing stuff from the internet and word. Nothing fancy at all. Dell have good offers on their printers at the moment but I am wondering should I buy a HP. Anyone any ideas?

bought the Hp f380 all in one for €80 in argos i think . comes with 2 cartridges and has been great. i recommend it as a budget printer, scanner, copier.
Hope this of some use.

Cheap Printer? Well, if you want a cheap printer, the first thing to do is pretty much ignore the cost of buying it. The cost of running it will be a large multiple of the initial purchase price, so whilst one printer may cost €80 and another €150, the dearer one could well end up being significantly cheaper.

Lexmark do a line in printers that are good value and act as printer, copier and scanner too

Lexmark seem to have good deals in the computer section of Harvey Norman in Airside(Swords), at the moment.

Lexmark consumables (e.g ink cartridges) tend to be as expensive as the printer itself! Shop around and, as mentioned above, look at the total cost of ownership and not just the price of the printer itself.