Cheap petrol web site.

P

pumps.ie

This was posted over in "Good Deals,Bad Deals & Consumer Issues" forum but I thought you guys might be interested as well. I have developed a web site called www.pumps.ie that maps Irish petrol stations and list's their prices. The site is updated by the public and new stations can be added by anyone as well!

Its getting a fair bit of traffic but the more people who use it the better it will get I reckon! Have a look

www.pumps.ie

J
ps I hope this isn't too spammy but I couldn't find who moderated this board to ask them in advance!

Yep, IFP is good too but I felt that it would help people to have maps of where the stations are and also to register the stations to prevent duplicates. I think there are a few people who use and update both!

pumps.ie said:
Yep, IFP is good too but I felt that it would help people to have maps of where the stations are and also to register the stations to prevent duplicates. I think there are a few people who use and update both!

Are your maps and information available on wap and for pda download? Would be much more useful that on pc/laptop.

Buying petrol is hardly one of those planned shopping expeditions where people work out where they go beforehand. If that was the case, there wouldn't be so much differences in prices in areas.

ronan_d_john said:
Are your maps and information available on wap and for pda download? Would be much more useful that on pc/laptop.

Buying petrol is hardly one of those planned shopping expeditions where people work out where they go beforehand. If that was the case, there wouldn't be so much differences in prices in areas.

It is indeed! I have not officially launched it but you can get a mobile version on [broken link removed]. Its not actuall WAP, its xHTML but most mobile browsers support it. The mobile version has no map, it just lets you browse by county and view the 5 cheapest. I have plans to allow you up to update prices over mobile but I have not implemented them yet.

Back