Cheap nutz !!!

K

kiwijbob

Is anyone aware of some place in dublin where I can buy good value cashew/pistachio nuts (mmmmmmmmm), I buy those little bags in the supermarket for around E2 for a little 75g (handful) bag. I'm aware of the cashew nut tins in lidl for E1.79, is this the best value?

mmmmmmmmmmm nutz.

Some of the ethnic/asian food stores do big bags of plain and salted nuts (pistacios, cashews, almonds etc.) which are good value if you would use a lot of them...

Cashews

I have bought 500g bags of cashews in an 'indian' shop which is on the small road between the top of the Harcourt Centre and,er,um, the road that goes over the canal to get to Rathmines

Think they were under Euro6 / bag.

IIRC they have both salted & unsalted

( Considering I've lived in Dublin for over 50 years I'm shocked that I cant name either of these two road / streets )

Happy nibbling, Kiwi :D

They also have pistachios but I havnt tried them as I dont care for them very much

And BTW

They also have large bags of dried chick peas ( & all sort of dried bean type things ) which was something I had been on the lookout for for a long time.

Nutter ( by name & nature )

( I am no relation to the Nutty clan )

> ( Considering I've lived in Dublin for over 50 years I'm shocked that I cant name either of these two road / streets )

Charlemont Street? Can't remember the name of the one between the tops of Camden Street and Harcourt Street if that's the other one. But then I've only lived in Dublin for 20%+ less time than you. :p

;)

I think Charlemont Street runs from the top of the Harcourt Centre to the Renelagh canal bridge

Julian Graves

It You are willing to travel a little then try Julian Graves (Laois is the nearest to You).

Have visited their outlet in Killarney & their product range is great - good prices also. Web site is as follows.....

www.juliangraves.co.uk

ninsaga

street names

Didn't you know that NOT knowing street names is the true mark of the Dub?

Charlemont St - goes to Ranelagh bridge
Sth Richmond St - goes to Portobello bridge

The little street between Camden St & Harcourt St, from the Bleeding Horse pub to the Odeon club, alongside Garda HQ with the New York Deli on it - haven't a clue. :D

Charlotte Way ............

Is the name of :

"The little street between Camden St & Harcourt St, from the Bleeding Horse pub to the Odeon club, alongside Garda HQ with the New York Deli on it - haven't a clue."

The name I'm looking for is the runt of a Street that is between Charlemont St and South Richmond St ( and joins into South Richmond St before Lennox Street )

Mornington Crescent as played in Dublin ?

Bridget,

Town Side - its the main way to get on to Souf Wichmond Sweet if you are driving towards Rathmines

Back