Cheap Mobile calls ????

Irldigi

Guys,

I need to join a conference call on Saturday, however, I will be travelling at the assigned time so will have to use a mobile. The number I need to call is in the US !!

Does anyone know a suitable way to keep the cost of this call to a minimum ?

Thanks,

D

Maybe you could set up a re-direct service on a landline.

Then you'd use your mobile to call an Irish landline and it would be re-directed to the USA. Your mobile would pay the local charge and the landline would pay for the international call. I think that's how it works!

Of course, the next question is who charges the least for landline calls to the USA!!

Would something like [broken link removed] be an option if all parties have access to a computer and broadband link for the call? That could reduce the call costs to zero.

Can you ask another participant on the call to dial your mobile & conference you in? Most office desk phones have a conference facility now.

Will an international call to a mobile not end up costing the receiving party?

ClubMan said:
Will an international call to a mobile not end up costing the receiving party?
Once the recipient is still in his home country, it doesn't matter where the call is originating - he does not get charged. He would only get charged if he is roaming outside of his home country.

OK - thanks for that. Irldigi mentioned travelling but it wasn't clear if this was abroad.

The cheapest way is to dial an IP gateway service. Budegt Telecom operate one.

One you could use is 0818 240 240. ( this is a non - geographic Irish number)

You then dial the US number . Calls are charged at about 5c per min worldwide offpeak and 8c peak. Sunday should be off peak.

You will also need to pay an access charge with your mobile network which shoudl be no more than about 8c - 11c per min