Cheap Insurance for 30y/o F, 0 NCB/prov

Slaphead

Hi,
tried to make the title as explanatory as possible.

Looking for insurance for my wife who's doing her 1st test soon and should pass but were going to chance it either way as her commute is quite short but impossible to do without a car due to kid pick ups etc.

She's 30, (female obsiously!) done 1yr on a provisional, and the car will be a toyota corolla 1.3 ltr 5 door.

I've looked around but the DIY quote pages allways seem to hang up on me, Hibernian had €1205 for comp and €1010 for 3rdP.

Anyone know any better?

Zurich was
Comp €570 (provisional licence)
3rd party €513 (provisional licence)

3rd €404 (full licence)
Comp €449 (full licence)

Some difference between companies!

try bestquote.ie
When I was getting my insurance, I had called around different companies- they asked for my best qoute and then bettered it...good luck

I put it through our systems (I'm a broker by the way) and got back €430 tpft or €515 comp based on a prov licence. Both quotations are with RSA but I've made a few assumptions so would need to get full details to confirm quote.

www.powerinsurances.ie

Thanks for that, ill bear it in mind. I cant understand why Hibernian was so high, although i was expecting them all to be nearer to 1k.
Were getting the car in a few weeks so ill keep looking.

When I had a provisional licence I always found I got a better quote when ringing brokers and insurances companies as opposed to online quotes. The online quotes seems to be fine if you are exactly what the company wants i.e full licence, no claims etc but not otherwise.

I think that has changed a bit now Tara, I just ran it through insure.ie again using some assumptions no claims etc and the comp price was €409.00 and I am sure best quote and other online brokers would be a similiar price (i work fo a company related to insure.ie)

try a broker like top quote direct or best quote they will do all the work for you, i got a quote with tqd and i have 1yr ncb and full license for 1 yr, i got it for just over 400 on a 1.4, tpft, would of been about 5 for comp,

If you contact Hibernian directly over the phone they will offer your wife the opportunity of sitting the 'ignition' course. Your wife can do this without having a full licence at a cost of approx 100.00 euro. If on the other hand she passes her test and then does the ignition test and passes she will not have to pay the fee. My daughter 20 had exactly the same experience and car as your wife - she was initially quoted 1200 but with the Ignition pass her insurance went to 700. It's brilliant.