Cheap games

M

Macker2

Hi,
I was on Cd-wow and play.com looking for a cheep playstation game. Both prices were similar and both weren't particularly cheep. Any suggestions on other good value sites,

thanks,

Macker2 :/

PS2 I assume?
There's always the B+S or 2nd hand games in Game.

Macker2,

Haven't come across any cheap sites and think I asked the same ? a while ago and did not get any positive replies - anyone?

You can get the free discount/loyalty cards with Smyths (who are usually the cheapest) or GAME. The conversion from stg. is what appears to make GAME's ones so dear. Electronic Boutique were the same before GAME took them over.

There's a shop in Liffey St. that does 2nd hand games and I think its called Gamesworld. There used to be another in Talbot St. but cannot remember the name. Its a long time since I was there but I think its near a bridge, not far from Guineys but on the opposite side.

There's 2 on Talbot Street.
One near Connolly Station end/Amiens Street (directly under the bridge), can't remember the name but prices are NOT cheap.
2nd one is better value for games located further down towards junction with Corporation Street just down from the new Spar shop.

Thanks for the info,

The game I was looking for isn't actually out yet and I was trying to pre-book it on the net, but i'll hold off for now seen that Game sounds cheaper.

Macker2 :)

Macker2,

My point was that GAME are normally the dearer ones for the new games. Occasionally though they do get new games in before Smyths.

Xtravision

Xtravision have started to open a chain of game stores called Game-Xtra or Xtra-Game (I can never remember which) and they are the cheapest by far. All new games seem to be €50 or €54 and secondhand games are usually around €15 to €20. Much cheaper than GAME or Gamestop.

Note: I have no connection with any of the above other than being a keen gamer!!

meant to say...

...that they have a number of stores. The one I use is in the Square in Tallaght.

Back