Cheap flights & question on car rental

blinkbelle

Hi,

I am just wondering who or where would be the best places to go looking for cheap flights to spain? i have a friend who lives there and is a bit sick so i am going to stay with her for a week.

Also if i wanted to rent a car, anyone know the names of places that rent in spain. Im going to alicante. Do you have to be over a certain age to rent a car or just have your full licience with you?

Thanks in advance.

I thought that most rental agencies specify

(a) a minimum age
(b) a mimium number of years with your full licence

Presumably if you have a full licence you are legally entitled to drive in Spain, but car hire will be determined by the rules of the car hire company?

CCOVICH said:
I thought that most rental agencies specify

(a) a minimum age
(b) a mimium number of years with your full licence

Presumably if you have a full licence you are legally entitled to drive in Spain, but car hire will be determined by the rules of the car hire company?

Yep - normally most rental companies (in Ireland & UK anyway) say 2 years holding a full licence and you must be over 25 (or perhaps 23 in some cases) ... younger drivers may be allowed for a surcharge, but I don't think they'll waive the 2 yr licence holding requirement ... should be all in the small print when you make a booking anyway.

Hi i work for a major car hire company and the restrictions are over 25years with a full clean drivers licence for over a year. And if you are between 21-24 you can pay a supplement for driving. Also a International drivers licence is recommended in Spain as if you are stopped by the police you can be fined.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

LIVERLIPS said:
Also a International drivers licence is recommended in Spain as if you are stopped by the police you can be fined.

Interesting .. I had always assumed that an international driving licence wouldn't be needed in Europe ... the only place I can think of where i've driven where it's been nominally required for driving is Chile ... i've certainly driven and rented (from both Avis & Europcar I think) in Spain with just my Irish licence on several occasions withoug problem ... never got stoped by the police though so I can't comment on what might have happened if i was :)

hi guys.

thanks for all the info. i got flights anyway for 130.00 so that wasnt to bad.

Im only 20 so i guess my car renting is out of the question and i have my full licience a yr and a half.

If i had to pay a bit extra like i wouldnt mind because of my age i wonder would they let me? i cant seem to find anything on the net. i would know where i am going as i have been many times with my own familly

Back