Cheap engine oil

For what? car , truck, tractor? Petrol Diesel? What grade? How old is the engine?
Is it for just a service? Most motor factors will sell you 10w40 in 20ltr drum for about 50euro semi synthetic. If thats what your after...!

Can't help with the 'bargain' side of things but I would advise caution in skimping on engine oil.

Only go with a brand you know or at least that has been recommended. Regular oil changes are the single most important contributor to good engine condition - poor quality oil can undo a lot of good.

My old Ford Fiesta goes thorugh quite a bit of oil. Tesco do 2L for €7.99. If you have to top-up regularly I think it doesn't matter about using the best product; it's not there long enough to make a difference.

I notice that a lot of the Motor Factor places use Comma brand.

Seems to be reasonably priced.

The Tesco oil is sold as semi synthetic? What doe this mean and is it o.k. to put this stuff in my car?
I kinda thought that this stuff was for lawnmowers etc?

No, semi-synthetic is not just for lawnmowers. Fully synthetic generally offers better mechanical, chemical, lubricant properties than 'natural' oil. Semi-synthetic is a compromise. Check the spec. advised for your car though.

Back