cheap driveway solution

LMNOP

Nearing the end of our build with a budget of zero. Anyone got any ideas how we could get a resonable driveway for as little as possible. Its currently made up of grass, lots of muck and a large area of 2"down. We were thinking of getting more 2" down for the moment. Would this be the cheapest?
Thanks.

Apart from just basic rubble type stone that builders generally use to start your driveway ( which has to be let subside anyway for a while, doesnt it?) I think the cheapest 'dressed' looking driveway is gravel.

thanks Vanilla. Thats probably what we're looking for. Is that a job we could do ourselves (order the gravel, spread it out etc) or would we have or call in the pro's?

Read up on it and you can do it yourself. The better the job you do the less maintenance you will need to do on it.

Be carefull with what gravel you order.
We have a gravel driveway and the gravel is so small that it keeps sticking to our shoes. Nightmare on wooden floors

Well, we did ours ourselves. When I say we, I mean, of course, Mr.V did it himself. But I take equal credit which is only as it should be.

He hired someone with a small digger to level and roll the driveway first- this is quite cheap.

There are different types of gravel- we went for a pea shell ( ?) type which is nice- depends on the colour/stone of your house. You should go and get a few samples and quotes first.

Excellent, thanks for the info. Same as ourselved Vanilla, I'll do the research, mr L will provide the muscle..
Thanks all.

Use drainage gravel, it's a lot cheaper than pea gravel. It's quite small so that comment on it sticking in shoes is interesting. Hadn't thought of that, and was planning on doing the drive this summer on our house.