Cheap Digital Cameras

SNOOP101

I'm looking for a cheap digital camera and am goiong on holidays soon, so I reckon most websites can't guarantee delivery.
What's the best shop and more importantly what are the essentails things it should have, pixels etc.

Re: Cheap Digital Camera's

[broken link removed] usually deliver within 3 few days - they have a very good deal on at the moment - a [broken link removed]7.1 megapixel camera for €299!

Around town you should be able to pick up a 3.2 megapixel camera for no more than two hundred squid. Look for 3 times OPTICAL zoom and, I would say, for a good brand e.g. Nikon, Canon, Sony.

I would also stick to SD card or possibly xD card cameras - older compact flash models are still available but you want to standardise on one card format if you can. If you go with Sony you will have to go for Memory Stick of course.

Re: Cheap Digital Camera's

Try www.dpreview.com for specifications, reviews, buyer guides and more.

Pity there isn't time to get it online from somewhere like or www.7dayshop.com , because you'd probably save 40% or 50% on the 'high street' price. But if you're near Dawson Street you could do worse than call into City Cameras who have a number of special offers at the moment...

Conns Cameras on Clarendon st (just down from the pedestrian entrance to BT carpark and beside Aya) have some good deals on entry level stuff e.g. a Canon Powershot A400 for €150 - check out the last item on [broken link removed].

At this price point, I personally would say that the local purchasing and local support could outweigh the savings you would make online.

The NIKON Coolpix looks good, and seems relatively small and light.

What extra's should I also get ?

Maybe I should borrow one for holidays and buy one from 7dayshop.com if the savings are going to be that good ?

SNOOP101 said:
The NIKON Coolpix looks good, and seems relatively small and light.

What extra's should I also get ?

Maybe I should borrow one for holidays and buy one from 7dayshop.com if the savings are going to be that good ?

Sounds like a good idea - that you, you get to see if you like the camera, features, UI etc. before you buy.