Cheap cheerful printer

dodo

Can you recommend
Looking for a printer that can also scan and photocopy,looking for one that has cheap cartridge's and also take the cheap refill cartridge's, my Dell 810 packed up,
cheers

You can pay 100 Euro or 1000 - depends what you want it for.
Cheap and dear printers cost a fortune in brand name consumables.

Later higher tech printers may not accept replacement cartridges.
My older printer has no problems, my newer one cannot accept them.
Perhaps another make of replacement cartridge would be acceptable - dunno.

FWIW

ONQ.

Can you recommend
Looking for a printer that can also scan and photocopy,looking for one that has cheap cartridge's and also take the cheap refill cartridge's, my Dell 810 packed up,
cheers

I have a HP deskjet F2180 from Harvey Normans about 60 quid about a year ago I think. Very temperamental. Sometimes prints envelopes, sometimes doesn't! Took replacement generic cartridges for the past year and now gives me a message on screen "incompatible cartridge". Saw printers on sale last week in Tesco for €39.95. No idea of brand or quality.

A.

Can you recommend
cheers

I highly recommend the Canon Pixma all-in-ones - my own model is a MP610, I think they have now been superceded though. Don't get a printer that is _too_ cheap; with printers, you get what you pay for, and with cheap models, the colour reproduction and resolution is hideous. On my Canon, the print quality is superb - A4-sized photos look great.

Cartridges aren't that dear if you buy online; I was able to buy the cartridges for Canon for €5 online from Ireland.

Nearly every printer you can buy in Argos, Currys or PC World are 'cheap and cheerful'.

Its the ink thats the costly thing these days. The printers are almost disposable.

I too own a Canon Pixma, and find it very good in terms of quality.

If I was you, I'd just keep an eye out on the likes of Argos, as they always have basic printers at half price from various manufacturers.

Nearly every printer you can buy in Argos, Currys or PC World are 'cheap and cheerful'.

Its the ink thats the costly thing these days. The printers are almost disposable.

You can save a lot buying buy online; I bought compatible ink for €5 a cartridge from MX2, for example:

[broken link removed]

I've found that those ink refilling kits are messy and don't work too well, so wouldn't recommend them.

Just wondering where did you get the canon cartridge for 5E as I am thinking of buying the Canon PIXMA MP270 ,best price for cartridge's for this was around £14 each so as it takes 2 this would cost around £28,