Cheap calls to mobile phones

jocmccoy

As part of our business, we make a lot of calls to mobile phones in Ireland.
Skype is 16cents a minute +. Eircom about the same. From what I can see, mobile to mobile will work out similar (although O2 do have a business plan that offers calls within the O2 network for free - but is 20cents for other networksm which negates the benefit).

Am I missing something amazing that'll save me a fortune on mobile phone calls????!

Am I missing something amazing that'll save me a fortune on mobile phone calls????!
Far from amazing, but through [broken link removed] you can get calls to Irish mobiles for 5c connection fee and a tariff of 10c p/minute (5c p/minute at weekends). If the majority of your calls are of a significant duration, this might provide a small saving (I've never checked if there is any restriction re business use, so do investigate prior to any potential use).

If you make international calls, the savings can be far more noticable.

Cheers Satanta, that's a decent cost saving.

And removes that niggling annoyance that I should be doing something about it (for a while anyway!)

Will sign up tomorrow unless anyone else knows better.

Will sign up tomorrow unless anyone else knows better.
Hopefully someone will be able to suggest a better solution re the Irish mobile calls, but in relation to 13434 I'd happily suggest you do go ahead with the sign up. No costs for registration (you only pay for calls you use) and it should be of some benefit for international calls (even if they aren't frequent, for the time required to sign up it's certainly worth it).

A few people have commented on problems with 13434 (don't believe I've spotted many negative comments on AAM but I have on boards.ie) [mostly related to receiving engaged tones on a phone they know isn't in use type of thing] but I've been using it for a good while and more than happy with the service.

(still no connection with the company, but I have recommended it many times as a very happy customer - although not a fan of the change from free tariff to 1c p/minute for Irish landline calls)