Cheap bedroom carpets - south Dublin/Wicklow?

Sophia2457

Hi
Thinking about changing the carpets in the bedrooms - long overdue and we have a major problem with creaking fllorboards upstairs which has suddendly gotten a lot worse since the electrician installing the electric shower took up a board in the boxroom to run the cable.

It's like all the boards have shifted and the creaking is so loud it wakes others up if you get up in the night. It's like a haunted house!

Anyway, it looks like to get this sorted - boards screwed or nailed down - the carpets will have to be lifted, so I'm thinking if we could afford it now would be a sensible time to change the very worn capets.

So far I've just checked with a local carpet shop who quoted, for 50/50 carpets @ €13.99 sq yd, €730 with a join in the two bigger bedrooms and €850 without a join. This is without underlay.

Anyone know of anywhere I can get cheaper, or better still, have used someone they can recommend?

Thanks a mil

try carpet right in sandyford ind. est. if they are only for low traffic areas like bedrooms you won't need underlay and they will reuse the carpet grippers. mrs bas always uses them because they are so cheap

I used to live in Wicklow and used Martsworth Carpets in Ashford and was happy with the service provided.

Back