Charnwood, Clonsilla - Advice appreciated

Chembelle

Hi all,
My partner and i are considering purchasing a 3 bed semi-d in this estate. From internet searches there seems to be very little information on this estate so any advice would be much appreciated. Does the estate have a residents committe? How bad is the traffic - must admit i've never encountered too much when i've been there on viewings. What's Clonsilla like - facilities etc..., i noticed the pub, are the clientele ok?? And finally any information regarding schools etc would be much appreciated. The estate itself seems nice... am i right?

It's a nice settled estate with a mix of 3 & 4 bed estate. I think it is built about 7/8yrs. It is conveniently lcated close to Clonsilla train station - about a 10 min walk.

Check out for more info.

I lived in Charnwood for 4 years from 2000 to 2004 and go back every so often now to visit old neighbours.
There was certainly a residents association there when I lived there. I don't know how active they are nowadays I'm afraid.
When I lived there Charnwood was majority owner-occupied but when I moved in 2004 a lot of houses were then selling to investors and there were at least three rented houses on my section at that time.
The house were well built (much better than the house I moved to) and soundproofing is pretty good. I think the estate has matured nicely and still looks attractive. The new Ongar road separation has been good for Charnwood/Castlefield/Limelawn in my opinion.
Other plus points are the walking distance to Clonsilla train station and Blanchardstown shopping centre.
The big difficulty is the provision of school places in the area. Charnwood is not in the catchment area for St.Mochtas and it is next to impossible to get kids into St.Moctas. I know of some parents in Charnwood/Castlefield with their children's names down for St.Mochtas for 5 years and couldn't get them in. Some parents had great difficulty getting any place in a good local primary school this year. It was definitely one of the reasons that I moved from Charnwood. However if that doesn't affect you I would still recommend it as a good place to buy.
Hope that helps a bit. PM me if you want any more info.

I helped a friend move in there about 3+ years ago. Was impressed at the time and he has been very happy living there for the past 3 years. The houses seemed well built and his experince has backed up that belief.

Back