Charleroi Airport to Brussels City Centre

bluetoff

Has anyone flew into Charleroi with Ryanair before, I know there is a direct bus to Brussels at a cost of around €10.50, but I am just wondering how long this journey takes and is the stop in Brussels is fairly central, or is there a betterway to get to Brussels,eg train from the airport. Also any recommendations on Brussels Hotels would be greatly appreciated.

I have used this bus service on 2 ocaisions. It takes about 1 hour and drops off at the main transport hub of the city. you can get buses, trains, Metro or tram from this station. there is an option to get the local bus to charleroi train station. then a train to Brussels, there is a good frequency

As for accomadation.

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza, cheap and very good. also the sleepwell hostel www.sleepwell.be The hostel was great cheapest rates you can get. Just book a private room, better than any hotel. Also look up the the Ibis hotel it is very central. Right in the middle of all the touristy things.

Nice city to visit

I have taken the bus a few times but you wouldnt want to be in a hurry to get there. The train is a lot faster and gets into central station in half an hour. The train costs about 8 eur. If you are looking for a really central hotel in Brussels, basic, very clean, but not luxe, then I would recommend Hotel Barry at place Annessens. Near the bourse, near O Reillys pub and within walking distance of everything central. Last time I stayed there I paid 45 eur a night (Jan). Very pleasant service and breakfast included.
kaygo

Back