Charity donations against tax

E

Ethnod

Hey guys,

So no idea if this is possible but if anyone could confirm or deny this I would be greatful.

So I am hoping to find out if a company, a service company, provides a service to a charity event for free can they "donate" their invoice to the event and then write that off against tax?

So let me explain in better detail. One of the societies I run at college is RPG Soc, and we are hoping to do a charity event during RAG week to raise money for charity. I was hoping to convince a murder mystery weekend company to come and run a 1 day thing which we would charge the students for to raise money for the charities but we dont have the money to pay them and I was hoping we could find hooks to bring them in. I have a few ideas to convince them but the more ammunition the better :) So I was thinking if I could tell them that they could write off what they would normally invoice us against tax as a charitable donation that might be more of an intensive to agree

so, is it possible?

Thanks

As you are not a registered charity, they can't get tax relief on donations to you.

However, if they run an event and charge you a heavily discounted promotional price, I think it would be legit from a tax and business point of view.

Actually I am not 100% sure but its something they were looking into funny enough. However, the Charities we are raising money for are. So if it went direct to one of them would that be possible?

Back