Charity clothes shop in Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.

baldyman27

Does anyone have any suggestions for charity shops in Dublin that would accept a mix of new and worn women's clothing? We decide it was time to do something with my late mother's clothes but don't want to give them to a charity here in Cork as it could be potentially upsetting to see someone wearing her clothes. My sister lives in Rathgar and said she'd bring them up with her if I could locate somewhere suitable that wouldn't be too close to Rathgar for the same reason. All clothes are clean and in perfect condition.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Here's few links that i found for charity shops around the dublin area.

Sorry about your mother.

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

Hope you can make the changes with more happy than painful memories baldyman27. If you google "charity shops in Dublin" you will find quite a number of shops in the Dublin area. I don't know if any of these charities will give you a set time for collecting the clothes, or if in fact you need to have them collected - but you could give them a ring and ask.

If you fear that your sister or your goodself might find someone else wearing your mam's clothes perhaps you might consider giving to a charity that doesn't have too many shop outlets. In that way they would probably be only distributed in one area. I am biased, being a Mater Hospital patient, but I usually give my no longer needed clothes to the Mater Hospital shop in Dorset Street. (some way from Rathgar). Again, it's only my personal choice. If it would help you, there might be a charity that would have struck a note with your mate mam.

usually give my no longer needed clothes to the Mater Hospital shop in Dorset Street. (some way from Rathgar).

This sounds ideal justsally. Do you have a number for them? My sister will bring them there, no need for collection to be organised.

[broken link removed]
Baldyman27,
There's the site with a "contact us" phone number. Can't say if the foundation number has a link into the shop but they should be able to supply any information you need. If you sister does decide on the Mater Hospital shop - she may not be familiar with the area. 17, Lr. Dorset Street is on the right hand side of the road,
some yards beyond the Temple Street/Eccles Street junction when coming from the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back