Charity Christmas Cards - what does the Charity get?

LDFerguson

Yes unfortunately I've started thinking about ordering the corporate Christmas cards. I recall from last year there was a newspaper article saying that certain so-called charity Christmas cards paid the charity a paltry percentage of the purchase price.

In the UK I believe charity cards must publish the contribution.

I think it would be useful if the distributors of charity Christmas cards published their percentages here, so that anyone considering making a purchase would have that information readily available.

Any takers?

By the way, I'm aware of the idea of not sending out any cards at all but instead making a donation to the charity. That's not the point of this thread.

I recall the article - the percentage was very low - something like 5 or 8%!!!

"Charity" cards can donate little cash: ThePost.ie [size=-1]The charity receives approximately 14p from a pack of cards costing the consumer £2.40. Other card manufacturers donate a higher percentage to charity. ...
[broken link removed][/size]

I buy the Irish Cancer Society Christmas cards as they print themselves, so a much higher percentage goes to the charity.

Looks like that link has story has been deleted from the SBP's online archive, but that's the one alright.