channel 4 receiving options

mattym

I wish to have the sky sports package on 1 tv and just the basic channels on another tv, this would be no problem only for that you can not receive channel 4 on a FTA satelite. I can get the irish channels on an aerial. Is it true that if you sign up with sky for 1 year and cancel then, you keep the receiver and you can still get channel 4? Any other ideas for me? Am with chorus but service is terrible, need to get away from them. Cheers...

Have you an ordinary rooftop aerial for your Irish channels? I have a roof aerial and can get the 4 UK channels (BBC1/2, UTV & C4) as well as the Irish 4. Reception can be patchy, but it's enough if I want to record a chorus channel and watch something else on one of the 8.

no, i was going to put a small aerial in my attic just to pick up the irish channels. Channel 4 is breaking my heart, its a must on both tvs i've been told....

no, i was going to put a small aerial in my attic just to pick up the irish channels. Channel 4 is breaking my heart, its a must on both tvs i've been told....

get a UK FTV card.. costs about €50 on ebay..... it legal but breaks the terms and conditions on the card, so don't plug the box into a phone line...

Is it possible to get the Free view channels over a sky box and disk after you have cancelled your sky account? Is there any setup or additional kit required?

J2K

Is it possible to get the Free view channels over a sky box and disk after you have cancelled your sky account? Is there any setup or additional kit required?

J2K

Not on an Irish Card... will only give you Sky 3 once you cancel...

can you give me anymore info on the uk card you are talking about? had a quick look on ebay and couldnt find anything. If this is possible it would be the perfect solution. Fair play to ya jhegarty!!!

Sky complained to ebay about the sale of theses cards so ebay does not allow them for sale any more.

If you know anyone in the uk they can be ordered from

gg

I purchased one of these "yellow house" sky cards on ebay - no problem with them but 5 minutes later Ebay emailed me saying they had cancelled the auction as it was against their terms and conditions - this didn't bother me as I had already made contact with the seller - but the deal is outside Ebay at this stage i.e no feedback allowed etc.

You can buy one of these cards [broken link removed] for £30

I bought one and it's been working perfectly for 9 months.

I got one of these late last year to watch C4. 2 Days later C4 was added to the Irish Sky package. Story of my life I guess. Worst 50 euros ever spent.