Changing to Sky+

denise1234

Hi, Does anyone know if i upgrade my standard box to a sky+ one do i need to get a sky engineer to install it. Can't seem to find out on website and figured easier to ask here than a 1/2 hour wait on phone to Sky.
To be honest just don't really fancy waiting round for them to call and connect it if i can help it at all.
Mainly want it to record progs when i'm out etc so if theres anything else (except a video recorder!) out there that does same job and works with Sky digital would welcome any advice!

Yes, you need an engineer to call because they run another cable from the satellite to the box.
It only took a few days from when I ordered it for the engineer to call and install, but maybe I was lucky.

You could get a dvd recorder and connect it to the sky box, but it doesn't give you the same options a Sky+. For isntance, with Sky+ you can record one tv channel while watching another, or record 2 channels at the same time. It also does series links so that you can set a programme to record every day/week.

its a different box and reomote too. Would highly recommend it though.

As mentioned above you will need an engineer to install the box and additional cable/lnb.

Once you have sky+ I dont think you would ever go back to the standard sky installition again. Would highly reccommend it also

You have to have an engineer call out (this took 7 weeks for me 2 years ago) to install the Sky+ box; Sky won't allow you to self install.

The wait is definitely worth it; Sky+ is fantastic. No more video reocrder setting (unless you are recording Channel4 etc). It is extremely simple to use; all you have to do is go to the channel listings and select the program you want to record (up to 7 days in advance) and that is it.

Not only that, the live pause/rewind is great say if you missed something or go to the toilet etc.

You could consider getting a HD box which incorporates Sky+ which is obviously more expensive