changing to sky+ - what to do with spare box

denise1234

I'm thinking of getting one of my sky multiroom boxes changed to a sky+ box. rang sky and got prices etc. thing is only got it few months ago and paid €69 for extra box and don't really want to fork out another €149 and have the original box just lying around.
Are there any other options? Cheers!

I thought that the Sky box remains the property of Sky & you have to return it when you terminate the contract/change subscription?

I thought that the Sky box remains the property of Sky & you have to return it when you terminate the contract/change subscription?

Only the free box that comes as standard installation. Any box you pay for becomes your property. Would prefer if they took it back and got sky+ box and paid the difference but doesn't seem to happen that way!

You could keep the additional box. Get someone to run a cable from your dish to the box. You could locate it in another room and avail of all of the free channels without paying an extra cent to sky. You would be able to receive all BBC and ITV channels along with CNN, Sky News and many other channels (mostly dross imo). I do not know how much it would cost for someone to do the install for you.

You could keep the additional box. Get someone to run a cable from your dish to the box. You could locate it in another room and avail of all of the free channels without paying an extra cent to sky. You would be able to receive all BBC and ITV channels along with CNN, Sky News and many other channels (mostly dross imo). I do not know how much it would cost for someone to do the install for you.

does anyone know of a person in naas/ kildare area who can do this? Had number of a guy I used before but can't seem to get through to the number now. Thanks :)

Back