Changing the hose of a cooker extracter

Brianne

I wonder could anyone advise on how often the hose on this needs to be changed. I change the charcoal filter regularly but the hose itself is dirty and I'm wondering should this be changed often to increase the efficiency of the extractor and if so, how often. Many thanks

Do you mean the ducting that leads from the hood to the hole in the wall?

If this is dirty inside, then your filter may not working very well.

BTW, a charcoal filter is usually used to recycle air back into the kitchen, the charcoal is to absorb smells - they exterior vented types like yours usually use the plain filters.

Yes, I mean the ducting. It's very dirty on the outside. I'll check the filter to make sure it's the right one. Maybe we've using the wrong filter but I still imagine that one would have to change the ducting at times.

.. but I still imagine that one would have to change the ducting at times.
Personally I find it much more cost-effective to clean things rather than replace them constantly.

Dishes, floors, bed-linen, towels, clothing....I must be a new man.

Well if you can tell me how to clean what appears to be a paper like ducting, I will be more than happy to listen.I have asked a few people I know about this and nobody seems to know. Maybe my standards are very high.

Well if you can tell me how to clean what appears to be a paper like ducting, ...
Its more than likely white or silver plastic. Unless the kitchen installer was a real cheapskate, I've never heard of a paper one before.

A bit of soapy water and elbow grease should do the trick, maybe a quick run over with the little dust brush attachment on the vacuum cleaner first or whatever you use for the tops of the kitchen presses.

Thanks Mathepac, I'll have another look at it and maybe wash it. As regards cheapskates, you could be right there, found a live wire on top of the kitchen cupboard last year as I was cleaning them with water and bleach.Left by builders and covered by some plaster, was lucky not to be fried!!!