Changing Ryanair flights

DannyBoyD

I have a return flight booked with Ryanair

Dublin -> City B
City B -> Dublin

I'm considering travelling by train from City B to City C and would like to fly back to Dublin from City C instead.

I can't figure out how to change my flight online w. Ryan Air (I know there's a charge, that's not a showstopper)

According to Ryanair 'Change your Flights' page

"You can change origin/destination airports as well as dates/times. You must change the flights for all the passengers in the booking."

But I cannot figure out for the life of me how to do that? Every thing I try defaults me back to City B. Any tips?

I don't seem to be able to paste in an image here

As it's a return trip, I suspect you'd have to change both legs, at least online. Call centre might be able to split them into separate flights i.e. A-B and C-A.

Generally it's almost as cheap or cheaper to book a new flight, in my experience.

Last edited:
I have a return flight booked with Ryanair

Dublin -> City B
City B -> Dublin

I'm considering travelling by train from City B to City C and would like to fly back to Dublin from City C instead.

I can't figure out how to change my flight online w. Ryan Air (I know there's a charge, that's not a showstopper)

According to Ryanair 'Change your Flights' page

"You can change origin/destination airports as well as dates/times. You must change the flights for all the passengers in the booking."

But I cannot figure out for the life of me how to do that? Every thing I try defaults me back to City B. Any tips?

I don't seem to be able to paste in an image here

As a matter of interest are you using a PC or the Ryanair App?

(I wanted to change my reserved seats recently and couldn't do it on my PC but was able to do it using the App.)

I do think you are wasting your time trying this. Both because their software probably won't allow you split an A-B-A return flight into separate A-B and C-A flights, but also because it won't save you much money over booking a separate new flight home, once you've paid the change fee and fare difference.

I do think you are wasting your time trying this. Both because their software probably won't allow you split an A-B-A return flight into separate A-B and C-A flights, but also because it won't save you much money over booking a separate new flight home, once you've paid the change fee and fare difference.

Ryanair describes itself as a "point to point" airline so a "return" flight is actually made up of two separate one-way flights; one from A to B and the other from B to A. The A to B flight isn't going to change, so what he's actually looking to do is to change the B to A flight to a C to A one.

This is definitely possible, although as you point out, it may be cheaper simply to abandon the B to A flight and purchase a new C to A ticket.

Yes, the points here being A and B. The two legs are not independent.

Ryanair do join return flights in their system, for many reasons e.g.
- so they can price both legs in the origin currency
- so the cancellation of an outward flight also offers a refund on the return leg

My reading of the OP is that the defaulting probably describes not being able to change the remote airport on one leg without it changing both legs. Another illustration that they are linked.

Back