Changing return flights with Ryan Air

Stronge

I am changing the return dates on a flight from Malaga to Dublin when I look up the price in the usual way the plice is NIL plus taxes but when I go through to change the dates the cost of the flights are 29.99 plus taxes plus I presume the usual 25 euro change fee. I went back in again and the flights are still Nil plus taxes if I were just booking them in the ormal way. I have often changed flights and the fee is normally just the 25 euro unless the flight is more expensive than when I bookedn originally. I have never seen a difference price like I am seeing today. Does anyone know whats the story? or are Ryan air just getting a few extra bob?

i remember i saw 100e for change of date and change of name.could be wrong but pretty sure it said 100e for date change.

As far as I know if you just want to change the date is 25 euro plus any difference in the price of the flight. If you want to change the name it is 100 euro.
I have just had another look at the Ryan Air site and it costs 35 euro to change you date. I had not realised that they had increased their fee.

Last edited:
Why not just book the new date as a single flight. That is if it is the return part of your journey. I have done that a few times for flights that are very cheap. Booked the return, and then a seperate return for a later date in cast I am really enjoying myself and the accommodation is worth it.

I rang Ryan air the other day on an 01 phone no that I got on this site some time ago to try and find out why 29.99 was coming up as the price of the flight when on their web site the cost of the flight was NIL after alot of talk the lady said the NIL flight was a special price and as I was changing the return flight I would have to pay the 29.99 plus the change of date fee. I am not fully convinced but I just went ahead and purchased another flight as it was cheaper in the long run.

Hi, I have this same problem and was hoping for some advice.
I want to change the outgoing leg of a return flight, but this will cost me twice as much as just buying a new, one-way, outward bound flight. I've heard that Ryanair treat both legs as separate, and so if I simply buy a new flight to leave on the saturday instead of the friday, I'll still be able to return on wednesday on the flight I'd originally booked.
I was wondering if anyone can confirm this? I don't want to find that my return flight's been cancelled due to my no show on the friday flight...
Many thanks for your help :)
Em

Back