Changing jobs - VHI/Travel card scheme

H

Hairoil

I'm in the process of changing employer at the moment and I have VHI membership and an annual easy-travel bus pass both valid till next April. My new employer offers both schemes, however, does anyone know if I can simply transfer these over by getting my new employer to refund present employer for the outstanding months or does all have to be cancelled and renewed ? Would my new employer be willing/obliged to pay a refund either via me or directly to my old employer ?
Thanks for any clues to the above.

Is your VHI paid monthly or annually by your current employer? If it's the former then it should be straightforward to transfer over to your new employer. Do either or both employers not have procedures for this sort of stuff?

Employers HR depts

The VHI is annual but I'm sure they do have a procedure. My main concern was the bus ticket as if I have to 'buy them out' so to speak I would have to dish out around 400 euro and presumably lose the tax break on it till renewal. Regarding HR procedures, you are correct but I'm in the middle of contract signing and actual notice at the minute so cannot access either till that's done. I just thought I might be able to jump the gun and get everything in order as soon as possible. I'll post back if/when all is in order.
Thanks

Back