Changing house exterior?

TillyD

Hi,

We’re putting an extension on a 1970s bungalow and we’re trying to decide what finish to put on the outside of the house. At the moment it has a horrible grey dash of some sort. Anyway, our budget for the extension has come in well under, this included getting the whole house just plastered with sand and cement. So we want to think about getting a different exterior. Has anyone any ideas of what we could possibly use instead. I don’t want to go the normal white dash but I do like the idea of a cream/off white dash, is there such a thing? Or maybe coloured plaster?
I'm looking for something different to make the house look brand new!

All opinions welcome… Tilly.

You will be constrained on what you can do with your planning permission? Did you get planning? What finish was on the planning?

Planning is in. The house one side of us is pebbledash the one the other side is a grey brick. The 3 houses after that is red brick. So it's kinda if a mix.

i would be inclined to plaster as normal and paint the colour you want it.. that way if you get tired of the colour, you can paint it again....

yes, you can get different colour plaster.... there is a yellow house beside us that had the yellow put into the plaster mix.....

Back