changing health insurer

Boxette

Have been with VHI for years - time to change - Quinn & Hibernian round same price. Is one any better than other

Not being funny or anything but anyone is better than VHI. Was with them for years and they cost a fortune for a service no better than any other insurer

Why are they worth it ??? Pay more for the same product ??

We were with Quinn but when they put their pricesu up we moved to Avavis. It was quick, easy and hassle free.

Have been with Quinn through my co. scheme and now independently for 3+ yrs, and found them great, no issues. On the HealthManager scheme (plan).
S

The old Vivas site compare tool didn't compare like with like, I'm not sure about the Hibernian one as my renewal isn't til May. Make sure if you are changing that you are actually getting the cover you want.

Have been with VHI for years - time to change - Quinn & Hibernian round same price. Is one any better than other

It depends on your own personal circumstances. Generally speaking, I find that Quinn has a wider range of screening benefits but Hibernian has more lifestyle benefits.

Hibernian has more MRI & PET scan centres but QUINN have full cover for DEXA scans, mammograms and breast MRIs in some centres.

Hospital cover is pretty much the same between the two, but make sure to aware of the excesses that apply. Also check if there's a difference in the hsopital lists for your locality. All the major hospitals are probably covered but there might be a difference with the smaller private hospitals.

Hibernian's maternity cover has more bells and whistles but I'm not sure if these are relevant to most people. On the other hand, Hibernian has a nurseline on all products whereas Quinn only has on selected products.

You can ask a financial adviser, but alot of them use information supplied by Hibernian and are paid commission by Hibernian, so there may be a natural bias. However, the reputable ones will state this upfront.

Alternatively, tell us a bit more about your circumstances (location, married/single/family, is there any benefits you want to make sure you keep, etc) and maybe someone here will have some relevant experience and advice for you.

(Apologies if you were expecting a simple answer ;))

Almost 30 and have never had health insurance before (shame on me!)... any suggestions on who would be best for me? Single, good health etc.

thanks for all the advice, decided on Hibernian in the end. Hopefully will not have to use them for a long time

Back