Changing From Smart To Ntl

procus

Hi,

I currently have Smart Telecom for broadband, think it's 3 meg line and havent had any problems with them for years. My bill is working out at around 65 euro a month and that includes all our calls and broadband.

Was thinking of going with NTL - they have a deal basic digi tv- pvr , broadband 10mb and all national and local calls for 69 euro.
It sounds like a great deal , Anyone else have a similar package ? what are experience with ntl broadband e.t.c. would you recommend them.
Also would it be difficult to change from smart, would ntl help in the process. Dont want to commit yet. Would i Be able to hold onto phone number? I had to change when i left eircom

Thanks

Check out all the complaints about NTL on this board and elsewhere.

I don't know how bad Smart is, but I don't understand how anyone would actually switch to NTL.

Brendan

I switched from Eircom c. €40 pm all local / national calls to NTL c. €50 pm for all local/national calls AND 10mb broadband.

Was being totally screwed by Eircom.

No problems so far with NTL - installation went fine / availability good / 1 service call required to date was dealt with very well. Maybe I was lucky !!

Note - if you want to keep your existing phone number when switching, it will cost €30 to port it over.

I'm with smart, never had a problem. NTL for me isn't worth it, too many scare stories.

I was also with smart and changed to ntl 2 months ago as replacing Sky and Smart with NTL worked out cheaper. Happy enought with NTL TV, broadband and phone but beware you cannot transfer you old phone number from smart. Smart wont allow it but you will be told you can and given a temp number from NTL until the change is made. I heard nothing for a month and then when I rang NTL for an update as to when the change will occur i was told i could not keep number.

Back