changing car still in HP agreement

anonamum

Hi there,

Im wondering about changing our car whilst still in a HP agreement.

We had to restructure our Finance Agreement when my husband lost his job a couple of years ago & this reduced the repayment, but extended our loan out until jan 2017. Our credit rating is now really bad due to late payments & also having some mortgage arrears.

We need to change cars but im not sure how we would go about this when the car is still under a Finance Agreement? Our lender is G* Money who are no longer doing this type of finance.

I do not wish to increase the loan or upgrade the car in fact we'd have to drop down the years to get the car we need (a Galaxy we've a large family 2 babyseats, biggest child now squashed in the middle very uncomfortable, but other booster seats are too big fit aswell so cannot bring a smaller child from the rear iykwim also handbook says stage 2 car seat is just not safe in the 6&7th seat so cant swap those around either) so it be a direct swap really in an ideal world, for a car of equal value & we carry on the repayments. G* Money have said no would have to re-finance the new car & pay them back in full, that we cannot simply change car details, even though the new car will be of equal value.

I hope this makes sense.

Would anyone know what if we have any options? I know before i even look that a new finance company wont touch us, with our history.

TIA

Is there any equity in the current car?Do you have any cash to put towards the new car?
On the face of it,unless you can pay cash,you have almost no chance of getting a different car.
Are you in good standing with a credit union?

Hi
No because we restructured its worth about what we owe.
No cash at present but we could save for a few months maybe pull a grand or so.
Cu have a loan with them already! 2.5yrs left on it. Repayment history there is impeccable but our branch recently started to use the ICB all new apps & top ups are screened :(
I think you are prob right. Can't even sell privately who is going to buy a car with outstanding finance on it :/

Back