Changing car... but which one ?

Pablo74

Hello all,
My mother drives a 07 Hyundai accent 1.4, 3 door. There is very little milage on it and is well looked after.
Within the next month she will be babysitting my sisters 1yr old kid 3 times a week and some weekends. The car she has is too small (3 door) for fitting a babyseat plus lifting a kid in and out from the front seat. She is looking to change to a 2008 and giving 4 to 5k more with her own car.
Has anyone any recommendations and what value her own car is ?
Thanks
Pablo

My mother is 64 years of age clubman and finds it sometimes a Strain to manouver the child into the baby seat while leaning into the back seat from the front door. If she is doing this 4 times a day and 4 times a week what is the better choice....... upgrade the car to a bigger, more spacious one with easy access from and to the back to pick up the child or slide the babychair in and out.I t would also have a bigger booth to store buggy etc or risk the problem of causing an injury to her back due to the daily strain ?
With all due respects I am looking for advise on what would be the best car to buy and if anyone knows the trade in value of the car she has i would be grateful.
Regards
Pablo

For amazing interior space (not to mention reliability) the 01- 05 Honda Civic 5 door would be a good bet.

wasn't there a car released last year that had a sliding back door on it (like the side of a van?) that might make access to the rear seats easier, i thought it was an opel but just checked their website and i must've been mistaken. just realised it's the citroen berlingo
[broken link removed]
which looks wise will definitely be a come down from the accent.

Would she consider the Toyota Corolla? It's a solid bulit car that doesn't seem to cause any huge problems. Plenty of room for a child!

A small mpv might fit the bill? Less bending down to get kids in and out.

Scenic, C-Max, Picasso.