Changing Aer Lingus flights

kellyj

Have to make a change to a return Aer Lingus flight next month (Shannon-Heathrow). Looked into what needs to be done via their manage booking function, at aerlingus.com. Looks like they will change me €70 (i.e. €35 each way) plus any difference between the flights on the new dates versus the original dates.

My reasons for change are not critical (dates clash with a friend's wedding) hence cancelling the flight and claiming the cost less excess via holiday insurance is not an option.

I suspect then I have to hand over the extra dough to those good people at Aer Lingus. By any chance has anyone out there an alternative suggestion?

Have you checked in case you can get a new one way flight home for less than the price of altering the existing return? Maybe even from another London airport and with another airlone if applicable? If you can then you just ditch the original return flight (i.e. don't turn up).

Thanks Clubman. The flight is for my better half who does't have much faith in Ryanair. Hence Aer Lingus, from Shannon, is my only option.

Sorry - I thought you were changing the flight in the other direction. How and ever, are there any other potential options (including Ryanair) that might suffice (presumably not to Heathrow though)? Surely if the cost savings are significant it might mitigate your partner's lack of faith in Ryanair? Nothing concentrates the mind and tests principles like a bit of filthy lucre!