change bank from AIB to ????

marion1

Hi,

I am looking to change my banking from AIB to another bank due to poor customer service over the years. I am wondering what bank I should change to? I will be looking to have a laser card, credit card and will be applying for mortgage in the latter half of this year. Any advice?

Ulster Bank, its the only bank not dependant on The Irish state which has to be a good thing.....

God only knows what will happen to Irish banks down the road.

Ulster Bank actually offer a VISA debit card which is a lot better than laser card as more widely accepted on the net aswell as all retailers.

As mentioned already they are not dependant on the Irish state and their funding is not going into a black hole, it actually goes to lending to its customers so they could well be best for mortgage too

I second the move to ulsterbank. I moved myself from AIB to ulsterbank 6 weeks ago (for similar reasons), and much happier. the internet banking is generally more advanced, and staff in the branches (at least the branch I moved my account to) is both helpful as well as competent.

UB aren't perfect by any means. I've had a lot of problems with them down through the years, mainly due to individual staff members incompetence. At various times they took funds from the incorrect account (despite being given instructions to take it from another), leaving me with no cash. Another time they wanted to cancel my bank card whilst I was travelling and said they would issue one within a month to my parents who could then post it out to me (!!)

Reckon it can happen at any bank whether it be AIB, UB or BoI. Everyone's experience is different