chandelier glass repair

Brenno123

hi
i just bought an antique chandelier today for 1k. i was driving home with it in the back of a car and a lunatic pulled out in front of me so i had to swerve, it toppeled over and one of the glass cups underneath one of the candles smashed. I am disgusted!!

It did smash into 4 even pieces that slot back together easily. i tried using loctite glass glue from atlantic homecare and alas it didnt work...said it wasn't suitable for crystal glass!...:-(

anyone any suggestions?

can i get a crystal glue?

im so annoyed!

thanks

If it is just the crystals and the frame is not damaged then don't worry. Go back to the shop, tell them the story and they will sort you out with replacement crystals. They will probably charge you a few euro but if you have spent 1K seems a shame not to just spend the few euro to get it back to former glory.

Is it an actual antique, or "antique style"? If it's antique style you may find the shop can sort you out easily enough. If it's something that was made a long time ago then it's more difficult. Perhaps a crystal company like Waterford/Cavan/Galway Crystal could make you up a new piece to match?