Chances of Mortgage being approved

Sean1888

Hi,

Myself and my wife have a Mortgage application in, AIB have comeback and questioned a credit card I had, it was for for a limit of €2,500.

I missed payments on the card due to unemployment.

I became unemployed in September 2011. After my honeymoon/failed emigration (6months), at which point I was still making payments on the card, I came back to Ireland, (March 2012) and could not secure employment.

I tried to make as many payments as I could with the Credit card and some of these were paid late, I fell into arrears. When I got another Job (May, 2013), I cleared the arrears and started to make regular payments up to the point where I was able to afford to clear the card in one go. (May 2014)

ICB report reads: for the 10 months payments are affected:

10 - 1; 9 - 2; 8 - 3; 7 - 3; 6 - 2; 5 - 2; 4 - 1; 3 - 1; 2 - 1; 1 - 1;

Would this go against us or is there a possibility that it will go through.

I had a HP for €16000 that ended in 2011 and a loan for €3000 that was also paid in full 2011, I never missed a payment on these. I also had a HP in 2014 that was paid off in full after one payment.

Difficult to know!! All you can do is revert to AIB and rationalize the facts as you have presented them here. Ensure that they are aware that the CC debt was paid in full and was only due to your period of unemployment. If AIB application fails approach a broker.

Back