CGT Late 2019

Cruyff14

I disposed of an asset in November 2019. I have not lived in Ireland for nearly 20 years so am a little unclear on how to go about paying the necessary CGT. I was told to complete form CG1 but the only version of this I can find is for November 2018. Is this the one I should use? I have been set up on MyAccount but I do not have any option to pay CGT from there (probably because I haven't paid it before). Any help on this would be much appreciated...

There are 2 separate actions for CGT.
1. Registering for CGT and paying it via a CGT Payslip/or online via your reveue account
2. Filling out a tax form

When I registered I emailed swregistrations at revenue dot ie with my name and pps number and said I wanted to register for capital gains. It might also be possible to do it online via myAccount.
To pay the tax: For disposals made in Jan to Nov you have pay by Dec 15 of that same year (so you have already missed the deadline). You can either pay online at myAccount or send out a CGT Payslip. That's the payment.

For filing taxes you have to fill out a form, probably a CG1 form but possibly a different one depending on your circumstances. This form has to be submitted by Oct 31 of the following year (so 31 Oct 2020 in your case)

[broken link removed]

Back