CF83 Changing from Class 3 to Class 2

Star10

I filled in my CF83 last April 2023 and received my reply for NIC for Class 3 contributions recently. However I now believe I qualify for Class 2 instead of Class 3. Has anyone found themselves in a similar situation? Have you appealed the original and if so, what is the process? I can’t find information on how to proceed with this. Thanks

Send them a letter giving details of why you qualify for class 2. Include all your employer details. You could send a copy of your prsi record as well. I have done that for my oh and waiting to hear back.

Send them a letter giving details of why you qualify for class 2. Include all your employer details. You could send a copy of your prsi record as well. I have done that for my oh and waiting to hear back.
Thanks @partnership Where would you find the prsi record? I'm talking 30+ years ago. I worked in several jobs as well at that time, some places don't even exist anymore

Thanks @partnership Where would you find the prsi record? I'm talking 30+ years ago. I worked in several jobs as well at that time, some places don't even exist anymore
Go onto your irish my gov account and request your statement or ring them. Good practice to get this regularly so you know what you have for Irish pension.

@Star10 Irish Revenue will have a list of all your employments in Ireland, going right back. (They did have to dig into the archives for me, so it took a little time.) If you are trying to change from class 3 to class 2, maybe give the HMRC a call. +44 191 2037010. I was just speaking with someone there and they are very helpful.

If I worked 3 yrs in UK, then studied for a year and then got a job.....does the study year impact the Class 2 decision?? Wondering...

If I worked 3 yrs in UK, then studied for a year and then got a job.....does the study year impact the Class 2 decision?? Wondering...
My understanding is that after you left the UK you had to go directly to work in another country, but I’m open to correction on that..