Certification & Completion Time of Extension

Slainte me

Can a civil engineer certify his own works on his private house , Who is responsible if it is not built ,1 / in accordance with the plan submitted .2 / very bad standards of workmanship , exceeds the time permitted to build ,and also exceeds the extended time applied for completion ? .
basically its an Engineer who is building an extension to horrific standards ,has the application to build in his wife's name ,I presume that he will certify the construction himself as another would certainly not. Who does a person go to to stop this type of "not to building standards works" .
Should the council be notified and will they inspect same ?. I'm new to this forum and apologies if I have it in the wrong section

Who is responsible if it is not built ,1 / in accordance with the plan submitted
The Local Authority can investigate reports of non-compliance. They will be free to decide whether a site visit is warranted and have powers to compel the owner remedy any issues of deviation from the approved plans.

.2 / very bad standards of workmanship
This is one for the home owner alone. It is perfectly legal to do sloppy work on your own home.

exceeds the time permitted to build ,and also exceeds the extended time applied for completion ? .
Again, this is one the local authority can deal with, but there is significant leeway between getting to a point where the works are considered substantially complete and where all work ceases.

Who does a person go to to stop this type of "not to building standards works" .
In terms of compliance with the building regs, this isn't one a 3rd party can get involved in.

Back