solicitor won't release proceeds of sale until I get Revenue cert of no audit

HelenK

I've sold property In Ireland which was my family home and have moved to N Ireland where I've always worked. Completion took placec 5 weeks ago and Solicitors are refusing to release purchase money until they get Certificate of No Audit from Revenue. Is this correct and how long does it take to issue. I desperately need balance. All taxes etc have been paid. Consideration was €200,000.

Didyour solicitor meantion this to you at all as part of selling the house? I’m in a similar situation, sold as a non-resident. My solictor was very clear that i’d have to get my accountant to complete some forms and that i wouldn’t be able to get proceeds of the sale until it was cleared by revenue. Paperwork was submitted two weeks ago, so just waiting now.

As executor I sold a property a couple of years ago. Don't recall ever having to supply such a document. And I'm non resident too.

I've sold property In Ireland which was my family home and have moved to N Ireland where I've always worked. Completion took placec 5 weeks ago and Solicitors are refusing to release purchase money until they get Certificate of No Audit from Revenue. Is this correct and how long does it take to issue. I desperately need balance. All taxes etc have been paid. Consideration was €200,000.
Hi Helen I have a same issue, how long did it take to get you money from the sale? Thanks Rachel

Hi Helen I have a same issue, how long did it take to get you money from the sale? Thanks Rachel

Hi zalaba,

Welcome to AAM.

Unfortunately HelenK has not visited AAM since September, 2019 so may not see your request.

Back