central locking

K

kelval

Anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to get central locking installed in a car

Depends on the type of car ?? How many doors -- the front and the rear or just the front ??

I did it on my old car. Pretty easy job (depending on the car).
you can find some remote central locking kits on ebay. Mine was about 25€ delivered.

If your cars locking pins are on the top of the door then it should be easy enough. If they are by the door handle then it may not be possible.

It just a case of removing the door cards, fitting a solenoid to the inside of the door, feeding wires to the other side of the car under the dash and finding a Wire with constant + and an earth. If you have 4 doors then its a lot more work removing panels, carpet and maybe seats to feed the wires.

it's a 5 door Octavia, would want it for all doors, thanks

Your Octiavia doesn't have central locking ?? or it doesn't work??

The locks are on the side of the door by the handle I think rather than on the top so it may be more difficult as there wont be much clearance between the door frame and the window. Id just give up and buy a different car .

Just a thought - why not instal an alarm that includes central locking. To be honest for what you'd pay for central locking you could just get the alarm fitted and be done with it. Another plus point of this is that it will reduce your insurance cost.

Just a thought - why not instal an alarm that includes central locking. To be honest for what you'd pay for central locking you could just get the alarm fitted and be done with it. Another plus point of this is that it will reduce your insurance cost.

I suspect that you are under the misapprehension that an alarm that controls the central locking comes with all the necessary solenoid actuators to actually lock/unlock the doors. They don't! All they do is send a pulse (usually a -ve ) to the already present C/L module which then operates the actuators as normal.

This is not to say that the OP could not buy an alarm and C/L kit and integrate them.

I'd forget the whole idea. I find central locking a pain in the ???. Electric windows are even worse. My current run-about and the previous one has temparmental both windows and doors. I can never seem to get both working properly at the same time.

Give me the old fashioned manual ones anyday

Back