Central list of Business expansion schemes

8till8

About 2 years ago, I was approached to get involved in a BES but didn't and forgot all about it.
Where would I look up to see if it went ahead?

I think you're going to have to do a bit of sleuthing around to the various agencies listed on this [broken link removed] in relation to the below activities -

From [broken link removed]

The Trade

The company in which investment is made must carry on qualifying trading operations. These are:

• the manufacture of goods (including computer services)
  • the operation of certain tourist traffic undertakings
  • internationally traded services
  • the cultivation of mushrooms
  • the micro-propagation of plants and plant cloning
  • the cultivation of horticultural produce in greenhouses
  • research and development activity which is undertaken with a view to carrying on certain of these qualifying trading operations
  • commercial research and development activities
  • the construction and leasing of Advance Factory buildings
  • the production, publication, marketing and promotion of certain musical recordings by a new artist
  • recycling activities in relation to waste material, which has been subjected to any process or treatment, which results in value-added material that is reusable. Waste material means any of the following: packaging; construction and demolition waste; metals, wood, glass and plastics; electrical and electronic equipment; batteries; end of life mechanically propelled vehicles [[broken link removed]]. (See also point (c) below, under the heading “Qualifying trades requiring grants/grant approval”).
Some of the above activities require certification by a development agency and/or grant aid to qualify for BES purposes, as follows:

Activities requiring certification for BES

• Research and Development carried out with a view to carrying out a qualifying trade
  • Tourist traffic undertakings
  • Cultivation of horticulture produce (in greenhouses)
  • Music industry (promotion of one new artist)
  • Construction and leasing of an Advance Factory
Who certifies these activities?

• Research and development activities undertaken with a view to carrying on certain qualifying trades – Enterprise Ireland, SFADCO or Udaras na Gaeltachta, as appropriate.
  • Tourist traffic undertakings – Failte Ireland.
  • Micro-propagation of plants, plant cloning, and horticultural cultivation (in greenhouses) – The Minister for Agriculture Fisheries and Food.
  • Music industry, promotion of new artist – The Minister for Tourism, Culture and Sport.
  • Construction and leasing of an Advance Factory – IDA, SFADCO or Udaras na Gaeltachta.
-------------------------------------------

Or you might call the Revenue Commissioners

Queries on the Scheme

Queries in relation to operation of this scheme should be addressed to
to Office of the Revenue Commissioners,
Business Investment - Incentives Branch,
Corporate Business and International Division,
Dublin Castle,
Dublin 2.
Ph: 01-7024107 or 01-6475000 Extension 24107
E-Mail: cillbyrn@revenue.ie

About 2 years ago, I was approached to get involved in a BES but didn't and forgot all about it.
Where would I look up to see if it went ahead?

To answer the question you actually asked - to find out if the particular one in question went ahead, you need to know the company name, and be willing to pay maybe a fiver to access publicly available info.

If you do, you can go the CRO website, do a search for the company, and then you need to look through the company's list of submitted documents, see if they submitted any Form B5 (to register an allotment/issue of shares) in the last couple of years.

If they haven't, then they never issued new shares so they never did a BES - if they did, then you can pay about €3 to have a scanned copy of the details of the form B5 emailed to you.

Thanks mandelbrot, I checked their details on CRO and don't see any B5 forms in the time frame in question, so it probably didn't go ahead.
Many Thanks.

Back