Central heating - Thermostat problem?

Brylcreem

The thermostat for my gas central heating was installed in middle room of my house. Its a little used dining room between the sitting room and back rooms downstairs. The radiator in the room is left on low when heat is on but the rest of the house never gets that hot only warm especially the hall.

The house is 2 years old and all outside walls are insulated except for the wall between me and my neighbour (whose house is not lived in).
I think that the thermostat was installed where it is for handiness by the plumber as the boiler is directly behind it in the back room.
I am wondering is the position of the thermostat affecting the heat from the boiler?

My question is, should I move the thermostat to another room which is used? And does anybody know if there are any type of wireless thermostats available as, other than the back room, hard wiring a thermostat, to the hall for example, would be a nightmare.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

You can get a wireless thermostat and receiver in B&Q for about 70 euro. It would be very easy to wire it for any one that knows their browns from their blues.

You can experiment with the location of the stat.

Perhaps just turn up the current stat until your other rooms reach a comfortable temp.

Move the stat in to the hall away from any sources of heat or cold about 1 1/2 m from the floor and not in a area with a trv, if the hall rad has a trv remove head to enable better performance, Gary.

Back