Central heating engineer - Sth Dublin

PMU

Can anyboy recomend a good central heating engineer in Sth Dublin, to check out the system, balance radiators, fix problems with rads that don't (always) heat up. I've given up on DIY on this.

Did you have any joy with this in the end? I have the same problem in the same area.

I have used Abbott Heating for my oil fired system over the past couple of years. Great service and very reasonable. Phone number is 295 3435.

Did you have any joy with this in the end? I have the same problem in the same area.

[FONT=&quot]In the end I got this guy John Wylie of Abelcare 843 5438. He diagnosed that the pump wasn’t strong enough and replaced it. Solved the problem.[/FONT]

Cheers PMU,

Was the whole thing expensive? As my house is a new house and I would get the builders to replace if its the same problem. Also as the same pump has been put into most of the estate its is probably unlikely to be the same cause.

Bluefish

Bluefish: My system is over ten years old, and is really two systems interconnected (i.e. different diameter pipes). I’d bled the rads and also balanced them last year and everything was OK, but this year the rads furthest away from the boiler on the ground floor kept getting colder and then those the farthest away did not heat up. The contractor arrives and says that nobody came to my house when I was down in the pub and unbalanced the rads, and the problem was most likely the pump was not powerful enough. Possibly a blockage in the small diameter pipes. So he replaced the pump with a nice Gundfoss one, it cost about €350 incl VAT. No problems since then.

You could try bleeding your rads to make sure there is no air in them and then balance them. This not particularly difficult and there is plenty of advice on the web on how to do this. If this doesn't work you should consider a contractor.

Yeah - I have bled them already and this had no effect, going to try and balance them next (dont really have an applicable thermometer though). Will use the advice already sourced from the web and see how I get on.

Back