Central Console in New Build

tulip123

Hi,
We will be starting a new build in January and I am a bit unsure about wiring the house for the future! We are not into major gadgets but I feel that we should have a central console area where all comms stuff eg TV digital, phone and alarm should all come to. Has anyone any advise on this? Should this are be on an external wall or could it be in the cloakroom? I have seen the debate about cat 5 cabling and tend towards wireless myself but again, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Dont rely on wireless alone, install cat-5 in pretty much the same points as you have tv and phone points at the very minimum. It will cost you next to nothing, and you can even terminate all the services in the one socket so you dont clutter up the wall wiith sockets. Look at clipsal sockets as they are interchangeable as a bare minimum, or else look at one of the smart homes providers like smarthomes, futurehomes, or iphomenet are the ones I am aware of at the moment.

Wexfordman

we left a small area about 1mX1.1M for a comms room. Our alarm, Fusebox, TV distribution and Network patch panel will all be in here. Very handy to have everything centralised.

check out smarthomes.ie no affiliation but i use them in developments. thay may be expensive but the system is very interesting

Back