Celtic Tiger Museum?

Firefly

The thread on the eVoting machines got me thinking - how about the gubbernment create a Celtic Tiger Museum? Would be a great tourist attraction! Centre stage could be the eVoting machines. The "Bling! 40Euro bottled water sold by Super Quinn could also feature. What else would you like on show?

Maybe we could have the closet with Bertie in it.

Also, a copy of the benchmarking report.

An exmaple of the Irish Times property supplement from the peak

A skinny latte that cost €5 or something

A picture of the saps paying over €7 a pint in Cafe en Seine

Perfect for parking up the yummy mummy SUVs, bought on the never never by maxing out 3 or 4 credit cards.

Also, include examples of letters from banks offering 100% mortgages, increases in credit limits, loan approvals without asking etc etc

I forgot about those 'Pre approved loans'. Just sign on the dotted line, pop it into the included freepost envelope and the money would be in your account by the end of the week. In Towger Land they just went straight into the recycling bin. I think MBNA were the last to stop sending me those letters. The joke in the bank was that you could get a better interest rate by just poping into your local branch!

This museum needs a copy of the Irish Times where the property section had more pages then the newspaper!

I think the Museum should be located in CHQ, Dublin 1.
Ever visit?
Full of men tailors, an expensive furniture store, an expensive off licence organizing wine tours to the south of France.
The obligatory Starbucks, a winebar and lots more fancy stores like the House of Tea, do you fancy buying rare brands of tea?

The Celtic Tiger was ending just as this place opened and now a lot of stores are gone. Missed the boat by a few years

Place is a ghost town and the only busy place is the Noodle place.
Beautiful building though, perfect for a museum

I think the Museum should be located in CHQ, Dublin 1.

I that down the East Wall road, where they have 20 foot high walls, topped with another 20 foot of wire fencing to keep the local indigenous population in/out?

The SUVs would not last long down there!

Good thread, firefly.

The blueprints for the 'Bertie Bowl'.

The 2007 election manifestos for all parties.

The museum needs a helipad.

I worked at the Galway races and there were helipads around Galway.
The Radisson hotel even had their own, the guests could beat the traffic.
The skies were buzzing at race week

Not so much anymore

A screen showing reruns of 'Im an adult, get me out of here' and other property mad shows that encouraged people to buy buy buy.

A copy of bertie's speech about 'people talking down the economy' and how they should commit suicide

Don't forget a mockup of 'The Tent', to go alongside the Helipad.

We could also get the 'Time in the Slime' out of storage, mount it on the wall (add a few extra digits) and reset it to count down to the day 'we' pay off the NAMA bonds.

Put a copy of the "expenses" Claims by government and maybe a" bearded "one in the dinosaur section

We need a "glass palace" also known as a car dealership.

The kind with unhelpful staff, charged over €100 per hour for labour and they didn't have capable salesmen, more like order takers for the latest car in January.

Maybe some copies of Aer Lingus tickets where people went to New York, shopping for the weekend.

Lots of credit card bills with huge amounts outstanding..oh wait those will be around for generations...

Maybe some copies of Aer Lingus tickets where people went to New York, shopping for the weekend.

That's still going on! Saw a bit of Ireland AM this morning and some wan was lauding a 4 day trip to Vegas for shopping bargains - a snip at only €659 for the trip and just think of all the bargains ye can get - oh and she also mentioned the 2 night fly/stay deal for New York shopping as well - again a snip at €579!!