Celtic Link ferries

cloughy

anyone been on the new ferry going from Rosslare to Cherbourg, what is it like, facilities wise, and amenities, not that you need much when travelling in the evening and sailing overnight.

How does it compare to Irish Ferries or Brittany Ferry ships ?

I travelled with them a few years ago. Facilities on the ferry are basic but I found the journey much more peaceful and relaxing. When we travelled the food was part of the package and it was good. The only entertainment was a television. We brought books, newspapers and a packet of card to keep the kids entertained.

It's basically geared towards truckers.

thanks for the reply,

I saw the previous posts, and see that they have a new ship, so wondering if it is more up to date, or still as basic.

Also the crossing time is said to be approx 16hrs, so wondering if anyone recently travelled, as not a hugh difference in travel times than Brittany, 2hrs or so, and wondering if worth the extra for BF since we will be travelling from Dublin.

I was on it in Dec - it's has a buffet style dining area, a bar and a couple of sitting areas. There is a cinema but it was not working when we traveled because projector had broken due to rough conditions a few days earlier. Cabins were fine and lots of hot water in shower.

Bring a book.

Celtic Links rates are very high this coming June. I saved nearly 400e with Irish Ferries departing Rosslare on June 1st.