Celbridge to Citywest

Freckles

Hi,

I'm living in Celbridge and looking for a job in Citywest. What is the traffic like in the mornings?? I presume the best route is through Newcastle village. Is this manic in the mornings?
I drove it last evening and it took about 20 mins. I suppose I should add an hour to this in the mornings?

Longest it has EVER taken me to drive between Celbridge and Citywest is 35/40 mins going the Newcastle route in either direction (and I've lived in Celbridge for 3 years now!) the main part of traffic you will hit will be at Celbridge main street by McNamee's pub on the bridge and then citywest ramp by Browns Barn in the mornings.

Depending on what time you leave work in the evenings, Newcastle can be quite trafficy as can the same junction by the bridge in Celbridge, but there are a couple of shortcuts once you get to know them!

Cool. Thanks. Thats cheered me up a bit.
I'd hope to be leaving around 8 to get there for 9ish.
Know what traffic in Celbridge is like alright but was just afraid Newcastle would be a nightmare. Backed up from there to Citywest.

No, the traffic does move (albeit slowly!) at that time, theres also a shortcut at the greenogue business park roundabout past Newcastle. If you take a right rather than going straight through to Rathcoole roundabout, it takes you right onto Naas Rd without having to queue.

Good luck with it, am working in citywest myself and its pretty handy!

Sam and Freckles you should work out a car pool between you.

I feel all green and like hugging a tree

Frank said:
Sam and Freckles you should work out a car pool between you.

I feel all green and like hugging a tree

Hehe, I'm planning on moving in the summer, have been priced out of Celbridge and cant afford a 4 bed to accommodate a growing family

badabing said:
How about cycling...you will make it in 20 mins!
and killed twice each way, with all these fruit cakes driving as if they were on Mondello track......

Hi Freckles,
I am living in Celbridge and working in Citywest and it never takes me more than 20 mins. I am living on the Hazelhatch Road, so don't actually have to drive through Celbridge, but I can't imagine it being that bad.

You can avoid Newcastle village if you take a left turn about 200 yds after the Hatch pub. Continue on that road and take a rigt turn after Grange Castle golf club. This will bring you onto a short dual carriageway, directly into Citywest.

Cheers.

Thanks all. No luck with CityWest yet.
Any thoughts on the commute to Park West from Celbridge?