Celbridge:Crodaun and Hazelhatch Park

S

snapper5

Thinking of buying in either Crodaun Forest Park or Hazelhatch Park. Any information on what these estates are like? Which are the estates to avoid in Celbridge? Which are better estates? (Can't afford them anyway!)

Crodaun Forest Park - old Celbridge
Hazelhatch Park - New Celbridge.

Not necessarily an estate to avoid, St. Patricks Park in it's day was fairly wild, but has calmed down and is now a more older estate, Knocknamona would be an estate to avoid.. county council estate.. it is up beside the Esso Garage.

Wolstons Abbey would be considered a 'better estate' also check out Old Town Mill - around 6-8 years old - would have a good chance of picking up a decent second hand house.

If you are working around Dublin choose the other side of the bridge i.e new Celbridge. Traffic at the bridge during peak hours is a nightmare. I would prefer old Celbridge. There are plenty of decent estates & at reasonable price. You shoud be able to get to get a decent 2bed townhouse for 300k & a 3 bed semi for 360k. As mentioned by GA001 avoid Knocknamona and St. Patricks Park.

My sister lives in Oldtown Mill and loves it. Always spotless though the older parts are nicer than the townhouse type parts up the back. Just more settled looking. There is a beautiful house up for sale just up the road from her. She paid €420 in January 2007 for hers and this is now €395 There are also new houses coming up in the back of Oldtown Mill, I dont know what they are called.

She knows someone who also lives in Hazelhatch Park and also likes it. A 3 bed terrace(quite spacious) is around €340 I think. I personally dont like the mix of high rise apartments in with the houses, but some people might not mind that.

Thanks to all for the information and advice. However as FTB with only one income we cannot afford more than 320k. Any ideas for a 3 bed in a fairly settled and quiet estate suitable for family living? I also am not keen on the apartments in Hazelhatch, which is just a personal preference. Working in Dublin but not travelling at major peak times so hoping bridge would not be a problem. Any help appreciated.

You should be able to pick up a bargain in Celbridge at the moment. I know a girl living in Beatty Park (Old Celbridge)and she loves it, and theres a 3 bed semi for sale there for €318. Thats not a bad buy.

If you would qualify for affordable housing as ftb, I know they had houses in both Primrose Gate and Hazelhatch Park towards the end of last year. Might be worth investigating.

or what about Castletown estate, there are some 3 bed houses in there going for your budget. Typically around The walled gardens, The drive, Cherrywood.

Here is what is available at the moment:

I grew up in st patricks park and resent telling people not to buy there! It is a lovely quite estate for the most part... I now live in another part of celbridge and it is a 'private' estate and have to tell you there has been more noise and teenagers hanging around than i ever experienced since leaving patricks park!
You cannot make judgements like that or tell people not to buy there.... how do you know what it is like to live there if you have not done so?

i know this may not suit your needs at the moment,but if you can hold off buying for six months or even a year you should be able to save a nice few thosand.