Ceiling flush spotlights: gone off suddenly

pingpong

Our kitchen ceiling spotlights just went off suddenly. All other lights and sockets in house are working. Fusebox is fine. Is there anything I can check ?

We had a similar problem but they would come back on. Spotlights in bathroom and ensuite going off after 15 minutes or so. We are in a bungalow. The insulation material had been put over the transformers in the attic and was causing them to overheat and cut out. He just moved the insulating stuff away from the boxes and problem solved...

Possibly the transformer is gone. The spotlights maybe DC lights operated off of a single transformer. Could be in the fuse box. Are the lights GU10 or a different type.

Beldin, the're the GU10 type, seven of them just went out together. I'll check if single transformer (can anyone do this?) - could it be anything else? Thanks very much all for responding.

Beldin, the're the GU10 type, seven of them just went out together. I'll check if single transformer (can anyone do this?) - could it be anything else? Thanks very much all for responding.
I doubt if seven lights are run off the one transformer. I suspect it is a bad connection somewhere. take the associated switches off the wall and see are any wires hanging out but be very careful, you should turn off the trip first. if thats ok, see have you power going to the bulbs by checking with a multimeter, if you can get hold of one.

Back