Cedarbrook Avenue, Cherry Orachard, Dublin 10

N

nilesh

Hi All,
I am planning to buy a duplex in Cedarbrook Avenue, Cherry Orachard, Dubli 10. I would like to know if that area is safe enough. It would be great if someone could reply ASAP.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Nilesh

Re: Cedarbrook Avenue

Well you are basically in an industrial estate [parkwest] with a halting site on one side and clover hill prison on the other.

Agree with previous poster, its in an industrial estate and nothing much around at the moment, I believe they are extending the transport links at the moment. There seems to be a lack of amenities in the area, just a shop, a pub and a chinese within walking distance.

I live in Cedarbrook , have been there for just over 2 years, only problem I think is the rat running through the estate by the little boy racers from Park West Avenue or Cloverhill Road to get around to Cherry Orchard Park....it is part of a 5 year rejuvenation program that isn't finished yet, there is still a new train station and cinema to go in as well as another 2/3 apartment complex's so yes it does look a little untidy at the moment, I think its kept very well, grounds are always tidy, CCTV, bins collected, the residents association works very hard to ensure the management company do their job, I do think in 3 years times it will have a much more settled look about it

Hi All,
Thanks for all your responses. This will definetly help me decide.
Regards,
Nilesh

true - should have added to my previous post that despite the things I pointed out does seem like an up-and-coming area with all the new apts etc. being built so may be a good investement for the future if it all goes well.

Not to be a absolute arsehole but i work in Parkwest and there are 8 cars stolen per month from the over flow car park and that is with security 24/7.

If it is safety you are looking for, i think you have gone to the wrong area. 99% of the people are salt of the earth but the other 1% just make life hell for you in my opinion. It is definitely a work in progress so if you are looking to settle down and enjoy an easy going, convenient lifestyle i would look elsewhere.

Just my 2 cents.

I Know one girl who got a duplex apartment there as part of the affordable housing program about three years ago and she has had no problems. Having said that, I can see where the previous poster is coming from. To be perfectly honest, it is very near to the Cherry Orchard end of Ballyfermot, which has more than its fair share of anti social behaviour.

At one stage, a lot of cars were being broken into/stolen. I havent seen the girl who bought there in some time, so I dont know how she is getting on now. She had lovely neighbours on both sides of her, which helped considerably.

Back