Cedar wood stain

N

Nice Day

Are there any new products on the market for treating new cedar cladding and decking?
I have done some research and there seems to be a few downsides to using Linseed oil although some recommend using it when hot.
I want to keep its original golden colour and most importantly, stop it from going grey.

many thanks

Hi Nice Day, you could have a look at www.wrcla.org and www.wrcea.org for ideas. I'm putting in cedar wood windows and didn't want to use a wood stain on them so the joiners gave me a piece of cedar wood so I could try out different finishes on it. My two favorites were teak oil and yachts clear varnish. Settled on the yachts varnish as I figured I wouldn't have to treat them quite as often. Ask your joiner for a wood sample so you can try a few finishes for yourself.

Hi, I got cedar cladding for shed recently and was advised to use clear gloss varnish rather than oil as it requires less maintenance. It looks great but was only done a few weeks ago so it remains to be seen how well it weathers.

Does anybody know where to buy bulk quanity of stain at trade price. Have approx 200sq meters to cover!!
Standard tins only cover 15-20 sq meters.

Thanks

Back